Angel Broking was founded in 1987 and is one of the largest full-service retail brokerage companies in India, offering online discount brokerage services. Investment and trading services offered by Angel Broking include stock and commodity broking, investment advisory services, margin loans, mutual funds, and financial products distribution.
As of June 30, 2018, Angel Broking had 110 branches and 11,000 sub-brokers in 1800+ cities throughout India.
The brokerage plans of Angel Broking were redesigned in November so that it could compete with discount brokers like Zerodha. With their new iTrade Prime plan, Angel Broking now offers flat rate brokerage services. Users can trade in any segment of the market (Intraday, F&O, Currencies & Commodities) at a fixed rate of Rs 20 per trade, except the Equity Delivery, for which there are no charges, it is provided for free to all users. Regardless of the exchange or segment, the same rate applies.
Investment advisory and trading software are among Angel Broking's best features. A large-size full-service brokerage firm, Angel is the first to offer its customers discount brokerage rates.
What are the Angel Broking Charges 2021
A single trading plan is available from Angel broking called Angel iTrade Prime. A trading plan offering full-service brokerage includes very low brokerage charges, similar to those offered by discount stock brokers in India.
More about Angel iTrade PRIME Plan
A new brokerage offering flat fee pricing and premium brokerage services, Angel iTrade launched in April 2019. No hidden charges are associated with this plan except for the additional Rs 20 call and trade charges.
Comparing this plan to full-service brokers such as Sharekhan, ICICI Direct, etc., you can save a significant amount on brokerage fees and taxes.
|Equity Delivery||Flat Rs 0 per trade|
|Equity Intraday||Flat Rs 20/trade|
|Equity F&O||Flat Rs 20 per executed order|
|Currency F&O||Flat Rs 20 per executed order|
|Commodity F&O||Flat Rs 20 per executed order|
2. Customers have free access to trading software.
3. All customers have access to free research and advisory services.
4. A call & trade fee of Rs 20 is charged for each trade.
5. Angel has ceased offering all other brokerage plans, including percentage based plans, as of April 2019
Angel Broking Online Account Opening
Account opening with Angel Broking is a 100% paperless process. Following are the documents that are required for opening an account.
- Proof of Identity Documents (Any One)
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Proof of Address Documents (Any One)
- Voter ID
- Registered Lease or Sale Agreement
- Driving License
- Utility Bills
- Bank Passbook
Click here to open an account with Angel Broking and start investing in the stock market in just a few minutes.
What are the Angel Broking Trading Platforms?
Angel Broking offers broking services through the various web, mobile, and desktop platforms. All these trading platforms are available for free to all customers.
Angel Broking Trade Web Trading Platform
With Angel Brokings's web trading platform, you can meet all of your investment needs. Keep up with the latest trends, manage your portfolio, and trade efficiently with trade.angelbroking.com.
Experience an integrated trading experience. The platform allows you to invest in equities, commodities, currencies, bond funds, mutual funds, and initial public offerings (IPOs).
Chart tools and additional customized features
The Angel Broking Web site offers a number of charts that provide insights into market trends. It is possible to customize these charts according to your preferences and needs. Just adjust the indicators and filters to get what you're looking for. Plan your future actions based on these charts. New orders can be created directly on the charts. You're just a click away from making the right investment.
Angel Broking Mobile Trading Platform
Angel Broking app gives you access to the market & offers forward-looking advice, powered by ARQ – a hi-tech auto advisory engine. The smarter trading platform makes online trading Simple, Speedy & Secure, while ARQ helps you stay invested in the best-performing stocks and mutual funds 365 days a year.
To help beat the market, the app will also send you alerts so you can rebalance your portfolio as well as in-depth market analysis and advanced charting. The Angel Broking mobile app's innovative features, like multi-list stock tracking, auto-updates, and real-time fund transfers, allow users to trade on the go and instantly with 100 percent convenience.
Angel Broking Desktop Trading Platform – SpeedPro/Trade NXT
Do you trade on your computer? With Angel Broking, it's easier than ever. You can open a Demat account with Angel Broking, download the Angel Broking stock market desktop app, and begin trading. With Angel SpeedPro, all your trading needs are met in a single, integrated platform.
With SpeedPro, you can perform trades in one window from a single screen, plus monitor changes in your positions.
- Real-time rate update: If you are trading on our stock market desktop app, you will not miss any chance of making a good investment. The market is at your fingertips as we offer you live streaming of rates so you can trade in an instant.
- Portfolio: Monitor all your investments at once with our stocks desktop app Angel SpeedPro. View scrip-wise buy price, day’s gain and loss and overall profit and loss of your investments with a simple click.
- Online trading: With Angel SpeedPro, you can invest in mutual funds online and redeem then easily. This desktop app for stock market is your one-stop destination for all mutual fund investments.
- Integrated news flash and reports: Don’t miss an opportunity to make more money. Our desktop app for stock market gives you integrated news flash and reports. Analyse these reports to make an informed investment.
- Easy installation: Just download the .exe file for Angel SpeedPro app on to your desktop. Run the stocks desktop app and get started with trading instantly.
- Live market watch: You can watch and update live market data in Excel format. Get charts on the latest trends. Tweak charts according to your indicators. Take instant decisions on trading.
What is Angel ARQ Prime?
The Angel ARQ Prime is the flagship investment advisory tool of Angel Broking. Essentially, it is a rule-based investment engine (robot) that recommends investment ideas to customers. Stocks and mutual funds are among the types of investments recommended by ARQ. Using technological innovations such as Expert Insights, Machine Learning, Cognitive Algorithms, and Teraflops of processing power, it provides insightful information.
ARQ Prime recommends stocks for investment based on a set of rules – free from human intervention or human bias, in the world of investing – it is called “Smart Beta”
ARQ Prime adopts the time-tested and proven rules for investing in stocks. ARQ scans all types of stocks to pick Winners: Value stocks, Quality stocks, High Momentum stocks, Growth stocks.
The trading software provided by Angel is integrated with ARQ. Investing through it is like having a personal fund manager. In essence, ARQ is a tool for advising. Neither a fee nor a minimum investment commitment is required to use ARQ. Angel Broking offers this service for as low as Rs. 50 per year and clients can choose to follow it or not.
Angel Broking's Smart API
In recent years, algorithmic trading has become increasingly popular with retail investors. A service called “Smart API” was created by Angel Broking to fulfill this need. An API (Application Programming Interface) accesses different functions which are exposed through the API host.
A SmartAPI is essentially a suite of functions that can be called to facilitate algorithmic trading. Angel Broking's Smart API exposes the most important features of its trading engine.
The Smart API serves retail investors who were never exposed to Algo trading or startups that are interested in building a feature-rich trading platform. Thanks to Angel Broking's easy-to-understand and detailed documentation, everyone can use Smart API. Additionally, if you are still unsure, Angel Broking's always-active forum is here to help you out.
Here is a breakdown of the Smart API functionality that you can access using it. Getting trades executed was basically a no-brainer for a name like Smart API, right? Next, we'll look at the features that will help you make your trades smarter and faster.
There are many features available, such as live market data streaming, historical data retrieval allowing for backtesting, user portfolio management, and so much more. This is all neatly packaged into Smart API's libraries for whatever language you choose.
Its primary strength lies in its ability to deliver structured, comprehensive data to you – via JSON, that is – making data retrieval and manipulation seamless.
With Smart API's Node JS library, you can develop cutting-edge trading applications over the web without sacrificing user experience. Using smart API you can open up your trading platform to over 1 million clients of Angel Broking, without having to worry about getting broker licenses. Angel Broking takes care of much of the legal work while you focus on developing features and implementing unique strategies.
The Smart API is absolutely free, and you can register for it right now. Create a Demat account with Angel Broking today to get started with Smart API.
What are the Pros and Cons of Angel Broking
- Fast & Free Demat Trading account opening
- Zero Brokerage on Delivery Trades
- No Brokerage* for 30 days (Limited Period offer)
- Advance and Stable Trading Platforms which supports Tradingview & Chart IQ charts
- The firm offers full-service brokerage services for an extremely low brokerage fee
- Research and advisory services are free. Reports on specialized topics and daily, weekly, and monthly analysis provided by leading research analysts.
- Excellent Option Chain and many analytical tools available in Web Platform
- Margin Trading funding (MTF) facility
- Physical Presence in 100+ cities in India
- Free “Smart API” for algo trading
- Good Till Cancelled (GTC) and Good Till Date/Time (GTD) Orders are not available.
- Call and trade fee is charged at extra Rs 20 per executed order
- Angel Broking doesn't offer a 3-in-1 account
- Back End Reporting needs improvement for better clarity
Is it worth opening a Demat account with Angel Broking? If you ask us, we would say “Yes” because of the plethora of advanced features offered by them. They are improving their Trading platforms very aggressively to meet clients' needs. For Algorithmic Trading they are offering “Smart API” completely free of charge. The integration of famous platforms like Sensibul, Streak is added advantage. Though there is still scope to improve especially their backend Reporting the way they are moving with the innovation we are confident that they will catch up soon.